As a co-op school, we depend on our parents to help our school run smoothly. Parents at MHCNS&K can expect to:
- Participate in the classroom approximately once or twice per month to enrich their child’s education and to develop and enhance their parenting skills.
- Serve on the school governing board, which results in a high quality program at an affordable cost.
- Learn valuable parenting lessons by working and learning at orientation, parent education programs with expert speakers, group meetings, work days and school-wide events.
- Find that in spite of today’s demands, co-oping is a workable and rewarding choice for the whole family.
Parents will also develop the skills to:
- Learn patient and positive guidance techniques.
- Understand limitations and capabilities of preschoolers.
- Accept all children as they are.
- Gain new friendships and support networks.
- Respect and appreciate the importance of best practices in parenting and become better parents.